TERMS AND CONDITIONS
H4D Limited trading as Sophie’s Dog Holidays Terms and Conditions of Business Version 1.0. 01012019
These Terms and Conditions set out the agreement between you ‘The Owner’ and H4D Limited trading as Sophie’s Dog Holidays ‘The Booking Agent’.
The party designated by The Booking Agent to look after your dog in their own home is referred to herein as ‘The Service Provider”. These are independent freelance individuals who have agreed to abide by a stringent set of pet care standards that The Booking Agent has laid down, and as a result have subsequently been accepted as members of Sophie’s Dog Holidays community and permitted by The Booking Agent to look after dogs in their own homes. This set of care standards is collectively known as their PetCare Promise, and is available to view in full on request.
For avoidance of doubt, your dog holiday is arranged by The Booking Agent but the service itself is performed independently by The Service Provider who is wholly responsible directly to you for their actions.
Terms and Conditions
1. Signature of this document will confirm The Owner's full acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and their desire to progress with a Booking.
2. The Booking Agent will meet you and your dog to discuss your needs and requirements. This initial assessment is free of charge. If you need to reschedule for any reason, please provide 24 hours notice. Any additional meetings may be charged.
3. Dogs cared for in any capacity by a Service Provider must be up to date with their vaccinations, worming and flea treatments. The Booking Agent reserves the right not to accept aggressive or overly boisterous dogs or decline booking requests at their sole discretion.
4. Should a Service Provider, other individual or any other pets being cared for at the time, be bitten or otherwise exposed to any disease received from The Owner’s pet, The Owner shall be responsible for payment of all veterinary bills, treatment for The Service Provider and others and for all costsincurred.
5. The utmost care will be given in caring for your dog(s). However, due to the extreme unpredictability of animals The Booking Agent shall not be held liable by The Owner for the disappearance, death of or injury of pets or animals. It is the responsibility of The Owner to ensure that their pet is microchipped and wearing an ID tag. In the event that a dispute arises between the Service Provider and The Owner then The Booking Agent may at its sole discretion agree to mediate the situation but shall not accept any direct responsibility whatsoever for any matters arising.
6. Your dog will be looked after by a Service Provider who is responsible directly for their care and welfare. All Service Providers have their own insurance which covers public liability, care, custody and controland bodily injury to third party persons arising out of their activities. The Booking Agent shall not be held responsible for any injury or fatality of a pet whilst in the care of the independent Service Provider.
7. The Owner undertakes to disclose information which might impact on the safety of The Service Provider and the care of the pets including, but not limited to; behavioural or health matters, anti-social behaviour including aggression, separation anxiety, destructive behaviour, excessive pulling on the lead, propensity to run away on walks or from the home/garden, incontinence, phobias or fears, excessively loud barking or whining etc.
8. Emergencies. The Owner shall provide The Booking Agent with the name and contact number of someone with authority to make decisions relatingto the pet(s) care in an emergency. The Booking Agent will duly pass this information to the Service Provider responsible for looking after your dog. During such an emergency, if the emergency contact is not available or their details have not been provided The Owner hereby authorises the Service Provider and or The Booking Agent to: transport the pet(s) to a listed veterinarian or request on-site treatment from a veterinarian; transport the pet(s) to an emergency clinic if the previous two options are not feasible. In the event of an action being undertaken The Owner agrees that the Service Provider and or The Booking Agent may use their sole discretion in choosing the best care option for the pet(s) and that the Service Provider and or The Booking Agent shall not be held liable for any injury or death of the pet(s). The Owner hereby agrees to be wholly responsible forany veterinary bills no matter how they are incurred whilst the pet(s) are in the care of the Service Provider.
9. Payment and Cancellation of Dog Holiday Services
Dog holiday bookings are not confirmed until payment has been received. An electronic invoice will be raised once availability has been checked. Payment must be made in full and is due on receipt. Payment comprises an arrangement fee payable to H4D Limited and a separate cheque made out directly to the Service Provider. Once payment has been received, a booking confirmation email will be sent. Confirmation will also be available to view online.
You agree to make all future bookings through The Booking Agent and also agree not to contact The Service Provider directly to confirm availability or arrange dog holidays in the future.
Dog holiday cancellations and requests for refunds must be notified to The Booking Agent in writing within 14 days of the booking date which for the avoidance of doubt is the date on which The Booking Agent issues written or electronic confirmation following full payment being received.
Should The Owner cancel more than 14 days after booking has been made then The Booking Agent’s standard cancellation policy will come into effect in line with the Consumer Cancellation Regulations Act 2013. In this instance your full payment will be non-refundable and will be retained.
The Booking Agent shall make an exception to this policy for bookings made a long time in advance of the dog holiday. This isas follows:
9 months notice or more of cancellation: 100% refund provided. Between 6 and 9 months notice of cancellation: 30% refund provided.
Full details of The Booking Agent’s Cancellation Policy can be found at the bottom of all booking forms and on our website.
10. Changes to Dog Holiday Dates
The Booking Agent cannot guarantee to be able to accommodate date changes to pre-booked dog holiday services. However, in the event that The Booking Agent is are able to make a date change following The Owner's request then a £30 administration fee will apply and be payable in full before the date change can be confirmed.
If you are unclear about any of the above points then please contact The Booking Agent prior to making a booking.